Thursday, May 7, 2009

In a room

It's 3:45 and they now have Courtney in a room. He is in a step-down unit of sorts, mainly because they did not have a room on the regular floor. He is doing awesome and is much more awake than we thought he would be. As we walked into the room for the first time he sleepily said, "I don't know why you guys were so apprehensive about this, it's a walk in the park!" We all got a good laugh out of that. It is good to see that he still has his sense of humor about him.

They gave him a Popsicle and you would have thought it was a gourmet meal. He made sure to let the nurse know that she needed to have an adequate supply of those. We have only let him have one so far, but I know as soon as he wakes up next time he will be asking for another. 

This room is not permanent, we will move once another room is available, most likely tomorrow. I will update again as the day goes on. We read all your comments to him and he was amazed. Thank you all.

Love,
Ashley

3 comments:

Uyen said...

Courtney - I've been thinking about you all week... really every week for months now. I'm so glad surgery went well for you. God has really blessed you through this difficult time. I love you very much and hope to come visit you once you return to Denton. Eat lots of popsicles for me. I love them, but they're not good for my waistline.

Love,
Uyen

Tammy Trabosh said...

Ashley & Tyler,
I'm so glad that everything went well with the surgery!! Please send Courtney my best wishes for a speedy recovery, and prayers for the whole family. I'll see you when you get back!

Love,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Faster than a speeding bullet. Stronger than a locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Man! You are something else. We're all very very happy for you and I have to admit, really relieved.

Mom said to tell you all those prayers are paying off!

You'll be back to your old wine-drinking, food-binging, cigar-smoking, self in no time.

Don and Dana